The World of Puppetry
In March 2013 The World of Puppetry, an exhibition of puppets, talks, performances and workshop, will take place at the Windsor Art Center, 40 Mechanic Street, Windsor in conjunction with the Puppet Arts Program of the Department of Dramatic Arts and The Ballard Institute and Museum of Puppetry, University of Connecticut, Storrs. Kinetic Sculptor, Anne Cubberly is the curator.
Schedule of events during the puppet exhibition:
- Thursday, March, 21, 6:30 -7:30 – Ann Cubberly How I Became The Puppet Lady. Free.
• Saturday, April 6 – Puppet Pot Pie, 2-4 PM. Fun for the whole family. Suggested donation: $10/adults, $5 kids 6-12, 5 and under free.
• Sunday, April 7 – Talk by Bart Roccoberton, Professor of Puppet Arts, University of Connecticut. Behind The Puppet Stage 1-2 PM. Free
• Saturday, April 13 – Puppets Alive workshop with Anne Cubberly, puppeteer 2-4 PM. Children of all ages Suggested donation: $5/door,
• Sunday, April 14, John Bell, Director, Ballard Institute & Museum of Puppetry. Puppets, Modernism, and Global Culture, 2 PM.Free.
• Thursday April 18 – Nappy’s Puppets, puppet theater performance with Jim Napolitano 6:30-7:30 PM. Suggested donation: $10/door
• Saturday, April 20th – Shadow Puppet workshop Anne Cubberly, 2-4 PM. Children and adults. Suggested donation: $5/door.
For additional information about The World of Puppetry please visit windsorartcenter.org or call 860-688-2528.